A malocclusion is a bad bite that is the result of misalignments in your teeth and jaws. Most malocclusions are correctable with orthodontic care.
A better smile awaits with malocclusion therapy. The key to understanding malocclusions includes the following:
– Open bites are triggered when your upper and lower incisors failed to connect when biting down.
– Underbites, also called bulldog teeth, are triggered when your lower incisors stick out past your upper incisors.
– Misplaced midlines are triggered when your upper incisors fail to align with your lower incisors.
– Overbites, also called buck teeth, are triggered when your upper incisors stick out past your lower incisors.
– Rotation malocclusions are triggered when teeth are not in their proper location and position.
– Spacing malocclusions are triggered from overcrowded teeth, too many teeth, and irregular gaps between teeth.
– Crossbites are triggered when your lower jawbone sticks out past your upper jawbone.
– Transposition malocclusions are triggered with teeth erupt above the gum line in the wrong space.
If you would like to schedule an appointment at Paul R Sommers DDS for a comprehensive exam from Dr. Paul Sommers and the team at our office in Watertown, Wisconsin, please give us a call at 920-261-5110. We will ensure you get the smile you desire.