Building a better smile includes always taking the necessary steps to limit the effects of gingivitis on your oral health. If you’re unaware of what gingivitis is, it is an early stage of periodontal disease, also known as gum disease. Gum disease arises when there are infections in your gums within your mouth. There are numerous causes of gum disease and gingivitis, as well as several symptoms that can pop up from time to time. Here are some symptoms to watch out for:
– To help protect your smile against the risks of gum disease, it is important to be aware that when gingivitis is present, you often have an excessive redness or swelling of your gums.
– If your gums are routinely bleeding or you notice any signs of blood spotting while eating or brushing or flossing your teeth, it could be an early sign of gingivitis.
– Anytime you have bad breath present, and it frequently returns, it could be linked to an underlying condition such as gingivitis.
– Gingivitis is often caused by poor oral hygiene when you’re not effectively brushing and flossing your teeth as intended each day.
– Be aware that there are several risks linked to gingivitis, including smoking or chewing tobacco. Pregnancy, genetics, diabetes and several other causes can often lead to an increase in gingivitis.
It’s never too late to help stop gingivitis with the help of Paul R Sommers DDS. Enhancing your smile is as easy as picking up your phone and dialing 920-261-5110 to set up a meeting with Dr. Paul Sommers and our team at our dentist office in Watertown, Wisconsin.